We love Thanksgiving. The turkey, spending time with the people you love, pumpkin pie…we really love the pie. A holiday centered around being thankful for what we have and the people we’re able to share our lives with – who can’t get behind that concept?
But what do we love more? #GIVINGTUESDAY! So maybe you don’t get to stay home from work or school because of Giving Tuesday, but you DO get to continue celebrating thankfulness by giving back. Whether that means giving back to your community, your neighbors, those who are not as fortunate as you or those who are dealing with a tough situation…or diagnosis.
Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving that allows our Vs. Cancer and Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation family to rally around our cause and explain why ending pediatric cancer is so important – especially brain cancer – the deadliest form of pediatric cancer. These kids and families need us now more than ever, and if you needed another reason to give back, Giving Tuesday is it.
So, why not get involved and help kids with cancer? Here’s how:
- Create a Facebook fundraiser: Fill out this quick form (and select that you’re fundraising for Vs. Cancer) and a staff member from the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation will reach out and give you all the tools necessary to make your Giving Tuesday Facebook fundraiser a success. Starting at 8 a.m. ET on Nov. 27, 2018, Facebook and PayPal will match up to $7 million of funds raised by nonprofits on Facebook and donation fees will be waived.
- Already fundraised for Vs. Cancer this year? Your fundraising page is still live and can accept donations. Just share your page link and ask people to support you on #GivingTuesday. Don’t remember your link? Email email@example.com and we can help.
- Make a donation: Your dollars go a long way in the fight against pediatric cancer. RSVP to our Giving Tuesday Facebook event where there will be reminders, resources and links to donate to the PBTF through Facebook on Nov. 27. Remember, starting at 8 a.m. ET on Nov. 27, 2018, Facebook and PayPal will match up to $7 million of funds raised by nonprofits on Facebook and donation fees will be waived. Or if you’d rather, you can donate at our website or by phone at 800-253-6530.
- Share with your friends: No worries if you can’t donate or host a fundraiser – helping us get the word out also makes a difference! RSVP to our Facebook event for other ways to get involved, including social media posts in our Facebook Fundraising Guide that you can share on your pages.
- Commit to getting your team involved with Vs. Cancer this year to support pediatric cancer research and child life programs at your children’s hospital. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you started.
As always, we are continually grateful for your support. Thank you for helping to save kids’ lives. For more information on Vs. Cancer or to get your team involved, call 980-925-7557 or email email@example.com.